Monday, April 23, 2012

what's in a name??


I finally did it!  I've been thinking and talking about starting a blog for a long time now but never really got around to doing it.  I guess it's taken so long because I could never decide what I wanted to make it about.  Then it came to me... it can be about everything.

For those of you who know me (probably all of you), you know that I'm sometimes a tad bit on the flighty side.  This is going to be my official disclaimer.  I have no general direction in which to take this thing so there's probably going to be a million thoughts on different subjects happening daily.  With that all being said, lets get into it shall we??

First off, I should tell you guys about myself (if there is anyone reading that doesn't know me).  I'm a 31 year old stay at home mother of a soon to be 3 year old.  I've been married for almost 7 years (our anniversary is in 7 days) to my hubby.  He teaches 7/8 grade science and plays semi-pro football for our local team. 

So, to tell you about the name Piglie Piles...  When my husband and I were first dating he made the observation that I am a messy person lol.  He would always tell me that I reminded him of Pigpen and eventually just started calling me piglie.  To this day, this is his loving nickname for me and has pretty much become my handle for everything.  This is why I decided to go with Piglie Piles.  I figure that all these thoughts that roll around in my head all day are my "thought piles". Hubby would tell you otherwise though.  He claims that I leave little "piglie piles" everywhere I go because I'm so messy.  

So, when I started asking people what I should write about, I got a bunch of people who all said the same thing... my cakes...  
Making cakes is one of my favorite things to do.  Actually, let me rephrase that... One of my favorite things to do is decorate cakes.  I'm not so much a fan of the baking.  I'm not an artist by any means, but somehow I've made some pretty cool cakes if I do say so myself (toot! toot!).  Recently I've been very into making sugar flowers.  They are so fun and look so real!  I never in a million years thought that I would be making these creations for my friends and family.  Honestly, this kind of thing wasn't even on my radar.  Now, it's all I think about.  Here are some samples:


 I made this for my bother in laws 30th birthday... Tool box

 one of my sugar flowers... stargazer lilly

 more sugar flowers... pansys

 glow in the black light birthday cake

 Monkey 1st birthday cake

 different types of decorating on cupcakes

 very first wedding cake I did
 fun topsy turvy cake.  it had little swords in the top too

Well, I suppose that if you've made it this far, I should congratulate you... CONGRATULATIONS!!  You've officially made it to the end of my first entry!  I'm sure there will be more later today when I'm bored or have seen something I have an opinion on...

Until then...
~Leslie

1 comment:

  1. I loved every word of this blog. Very interesting. I can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete